John G. Watson Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
PLEASE JOIN US!
Event: John G. Watson Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony
When: Thursday~Promptly at NOON~October 30th
Where: 8410 El Paseo Grande
(North End of Kellogg Park Parking Lot)
Refreshments and Set‐up Courtesy of:
Café Solange ♦ House of Pizza ♦ La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club ♦ Wahoo’s
Grand Opening of the Kellogg Park North Comfort Station
A legacy to the memory of John G. Watson
“Waves of Gratitude”
to John’s family, Mike and Gillian Ison,
for their incredibly generous donation.
John’s legacy will be forever appreciated
by millions of visitors to La Jolla Shores
where he so enjoyed his morning ocean swims.
“OCEANS OF THANKS!”
Friends of La Jolla Shores
La Jolla Shores Surfing Association
A special THANK YOU to all the community members who helped to make this project a reality.
- Pierrette Featherby who introduced Beth Martinez (John’s American Family) to Friends of La Jolla Shores
- Catharine Douglass & Lynn Reeves who spearheaded the project
- Don Goertz, AIA, CSI who continues to donate his time and talent
- Stephen Flaim, close friend of John’s, CEO of John G. Watson Foundation, and Past Chairman of Tech Coast Angels
- Louis Beacham, Beacham Construction, building the project for cost
- Pascal Cabeen, awesome Project Manager (Beacham Construction)
- Paul Jacob and Dan Daneri from the City of San Diego Park & Recreation Department
- Myra Hermann, Senior Planner/Archeology, Environmental Analysis Section, Development Services Department
- Helene Deisher, Development Project Manager, Development Services Department
- Patricia Masters and Clint Linton who donated their time and expertise to complete the Kumeyaay Sample Test Dig
- Craig Finch, RCP Block & Brick
- La Jolla Shores Association
- And many others who have supported this project in one way or another