All projects undertaken by Friends of the La Jolla Shores have been fully funded through donations and grants. They were each conceived, designed, and constructed in collaboration with the community, park users (scuba divers, surfers, kayakers, etc.), Scripps Institution of Oceanography, Birch Aquarium at Scripps, Kumeyaay Bands, local schools and merchants and approved by the La Jolla Shores Association and City of San Diego Park & Recreation Department.
Our goal is to create a sense of community pride and ownership in Kellogg Park through teamwork.
- Kellogg Park South Comfort Station
- Playground with Junior Lifeguard/Respect the Ocean Theme
- Replacement of Kellogg Park North Comfort Station (in planning)
- General Landscaping
- Life-sized Bronze Sculpture of J.J. the Orphaned Baby Gray Whale®
- Shade Structure for statue of J.J. the Orphaned Baby Gray Whale®
- Path from Vallecitos into Kellogg Park (Eagle Scout project)
- Major & Minor Donor Thank You Plaques
- Thank You Plaque The Map® of the La Jolla Shores Underwater Park & Ecological Reserves
- THE MAP® of the Grand Canyons of La Jolla Educational Plaza
- Story of J.J. the Orphaned Baby Gray Whale® in Mural Mosaic ~ in collaboration with Bev Hoskinson and SeaWorld Trainers & Vet
- Bathymetry of the La Jolla Shores Underwater Park & Ecological Reserves
- Tree Replacement Program
- Renovation of the Boardwalk and Sea Wall